About Delta Foundation of Greater Columbus
The Delta Foundation of Greater Columbus (DFGC) was established in 2007 out of the need for Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Columbus Alumnae Chapter to be able to provide increased charitable donations to disadvantaged and underprivileged individuals and families. The desire of the sorority was to operate a foundation exclusively with a 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1966.
Initial Programming was to support scholarships, but through generous donations the Foundation has been able to support the following initiatives:
- Scholarships to students entering a four-year college or university
- The Canady Conference
- Delta Days at the State
- Women to Women Conference
- NPHC Teen Summit
In 2015, the Sorority established guidelines for working with Foundations which excluded collaborative work, but encouraged establishing legal agreements and partnerships with organizations to support programming. Our Foundation has recently established two scholarship agreements with Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Columbus Alumnae Chapter:
- General Scholarships – wide range of awards given to those who meet specific guidelines
- Delta Legends – awarded to those embarking on a life of service and giving
What guides our choices and decisions?
The mission of our foundation is to support non-profit groups and organizations in programming that improves the Central Ohio Community.
What drives our actions?
We envision the DFGC to be recognized in Greater Columbus for its philanthropic support of programs that have strengthened the community and transformed lives. We want every donor gift to go toward underwriting great programming and partnerships with organizations aligned with our like missions.
Our Board is comprised of members who have influence in our community and a heart for underrepresented citizens of Greater Columbus.
Long-term, we desire to co-own a state-of-the-art facility used to conduct business, support community programs, and provide space for community members to house events and meetings aligned with our mission.
- Delta Foundation Summer 2021 UpdateOn behalf of the Board of Directors of the Delta Foundation of Greater Columbus, THANK YOU for your financial support, volunteer hours, and interest in the programs we have supported over the past year. Together we generated just under $20,000, which will be used to provide college scholarships and program grants right here in metropolitan …
- LEAD with Purpose Summer Program GrantThe Delta Foundation of Greater Columbus had the opportunity to co- sponsor a summer program for Black girls. LEAD with Purpose (LWP), a 501c 3 organization, focuses on exposing teens to entrepreneurial workshops, STEM programs, mindfulness and MORE. We were excited to be a co-sponsor and have an afternoon of fun!
- Congratulations to the Delta Foundation of Greater Columbus’ TWHS 2021 Lillian Lewis Macer Scholarship RecipientsCarol Mensah-Bonsu is a native of Ghana and graduated from Thomas Worthington High School this spring with tremendous academic and athletic honors and awards. Carol moved us with her life story beginning in Ghana, and how relocating to America away from her parents, was in hopes of fulfilling her dreams. She has thrived academically, and socially and …
- 2020 Lillian Lewis Macer Scholarship RecipientCongratulations to Lucas Lasekan for being the recipient of our 2020 Lillian Lewis Macer Scholarship. Lucas is a freshman enrolled at the University of Cincinnati studying Architectural Engineering. Pictured here with members of the Delta Foundation Board.