Lillian Lewis Macer was the first African-American math teacher in the Worthington School System. She taught math in the then predominately white district for over (20+) years. Mrs. Macer had a love for students and their success in math. Mrs. Macer retired from Worthington Schools in 1987, where she earned many honors and recognitions until her passing in January of 2013. Her commitment to excellence and drive for success has been unmatched.
We currently offer this scholarship to graduating seniors of Worthington High School in the Greater Columbus, OH area. Criteria required for application include:
- Students must currently be enrolled at a Worthington High School.
- Student must be a senior in high school scheduled to graduate in the year applying.
- Student must have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA throughout his or her final year of high school and up through graduation.
- Students must be in good-standing with the high school; meaning no disciplinary actions, attendance or pending issues.
- Student must plan to attend college or technical school in the coming year.
- Student must plan to pursue a degree in a science, technology, engineering or math (STEM).
In addition to an application, student must agree to be interviewed by our Foundation Board. This scholarship will be offered during the spring of applicable school years.
- 2022 Delta Legends Scholarship RecipientsThe Delta Legends Scholarship is named for four chapter members who have demonstrated remarkable leadership in the areas of leadership, community service and excellence in their professional field. These recipients demonstrated academic excellence, a commitment to community service and leadership in their chosen area of interest. Here are our 2022 Scholarship Recipients.
- Congratulations to the Delta Foundation of Greater Columbus’ TWHS 2021 Lillian Lewis Macer Scholarship RecipientsCarol Mensah-Bonsu is a native of Ghana and graduated from Thomas Worthington High School this spring with tremendous academic and athletic honors and awards. Carol moved us with her life story beginning in Ghana, and how relocating to America away from her parents, was in hopes of fulfilling her dreams. She has thrived academically, and socially and …
- 2020 Lillian Lewis Macer Scholarship RecipientCongratulations to Lucas Lasekan for being the recipient of our 2020 Lillian Lewis Macer Scholarship. Lucas is a freshman enrolled at the University of Cincinnati studying Architectural Engineering. Pictured here with members of the Delta Foundation Board.